Monday, March 1, 2021

I Love Jigsaw Puzzles


I put together a lot of jigsaw puzzles.  Even before C-19, I had a habit of putting them together ever since I fell in love with a 1000-piece puzzle of zebras.  It was so challenging, and it took me almost a month to put together.  That was 2012 ... and I loved it.    Now, I usually do a puzzle each month that celebrates the seasons or the month.  Depending on the difficulty of the puzzle, it will take anywhere between three days to a couple of weeks.  

Puzzles are funny things in that I find that I don't want to stop once I get started--especially if I love the picture.   When I like a puzzle, I will stay up until the wee hours of the morning (great for audiobook listening!)    

Over the years, I have noticed how puzzles help me figure things out.  I have also noticed that I have become a snob about the kinds of puzzles I put together.  I have to like the picture that I am working to see.  They have to have an artistic quality about them too, that will hold my interest, and that I believe I will enjoy seeing complete.   

Sometimes I think that these C-19 times are like a box of puzzle pieces.   Every day we seem to be trying to figure it all out. Only with time do I believe we will see the full picture.  

No comments: